In 2019, Minneapolis hosted the NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four at U.S. Bank Stadium. SRF was hired by the Final Four Committee to develop a Traffic Control Plan and produce GIS maps for each day from March 25th through April 12th. SRF completed the following GIS tasks:
- Built an ArcGIS geodatabase of road closures, vehicle and bike lane restrictions, and vehicle and bike detours.
- Produced a base map of downtown Minneapolis for event-related traffic control around events at U.S. Bank Stadium, Nicollet Mall, and Minneapolis Convention Center.
- Produced 11 maps of traffic control GIS features and substantial map context text that covered unique scenarios for 19 days leading up to, during, and after the Final Four events.
- Delivered maps in three different PDF configurations for Final Four Committee and Minneapolis police use.
- Delivered the ArcGIS geodatabase of traffic control features to Minneapolis GIS staff.