SRF is currently working with Three Rivers Park District to develop a master plan for nine existing regional trails.
- Lake Minnetonka LRT Regional Trail
- Lake Independence Regional Trail
- Cedar Lake LRT Regional Trail
- North Cedar Lake Regional Trail
- Minnesota River Bluffs LRT Regional Trail
- Luce Line Regional Trail
- Medicine Lake Regional Trail
- Shingle Creek Regional Trail
- Northeast Diagonal Regional Trail
The master plan will provide Three Rivers Park District with a plan to implement trail improvements for the regional trails. Once the master plan is completed and approved by the Metropolitan Council, Three River Park District will be able to request and utilize regional park system development funds to begin implementing trail development and improvements as identified in the master plan.
SRF is the lead author for the master plan. The work includes developing the planning framework, identifying the demand forecast, preparing the operations and maintenance plan, preparing design guidance and cost estimates. For each regional trail, we are documenting:
- Boundaries and acquisitions
- Natural resources
- Development concepts for new trail segments
- Route assessment
In addition to developing materials for pop-up meetings on each corridor, SRF prepared a WikiMap and online survey to gather input from the public.