SRF, as part of a larger consultant team, is providing construction management services that include contract administration, engineering, inspection, and testing services for construction of the METRO Green Line LRT Extension. The Green Line Extension includes 14.5 miles of double track from downtown Minneapolis through the communities of St. Louis Park, Hopkins, Minnetonka, and Eden Prairie. The line will have 16 new Stations and connect major activity centers in the region between Eden Prairie and downtown Minneapolis.
The Project is predominately funded through the Federal Transit Administration which requires adherence to the agency’s defined inspection process.
The QA team provided oversight inspection and testing to assure the following:
- The contractor’s work meets contract requirements for quality.
- Erosion, staging, and traffic control measures are in place.
- Documentation of completed construction includes records of daily construction activity, measurement, and acceptance of conforming work.
The SRF’s team’s Construction Contract Administration duties included:
- PreConstruction and weekly meetings.
- Change orders and supplemental agreements.
- Review of pay applications.
- Non conforming work reporting Inspections.
- Daily observations and verification measurements of removal and placement quantities and verification to plan requirements.
- ICC inspections and testing at stations.
- Grading, base and paving construction, public and private utility installations, retaining walls, striping, final landscaping and clean up.
- Layout of sidewalk, trail and roadway crossings in accordance with ADA standards and plan requirements.
- MOT coordination and Inspection.
- Materials sampling and testing.
- Lighting and signal installation and coordination
- Reporting, daily diaries and document control and materials certification.
Transit View All Projects