Expertise:Bridges & Structures
Leadership View All People
Kevin Swehla, PE
Kevin has more than 25 years of experience designing and managing structural engineering projects. He has designed and managed more than 125 bridge and transportation-related structural projects throughout the Midwest. Kevin specializes in projects that require a great deal of coordination with multiple disciplines and agencies.
His design experience includes complex structures, such as curved steel bridges with large skews, rigid frames, long-span river crossings, railroad bridges, staged construction, and bridges with extensive aesthetic treatments. In addition, Kevin has a great deal of experience with cost estimating, construction specifications, bridge type studies, bridge rehabilitation, and historical structures.
Some of Kevin’s recent projects include:
- Hennepin County CSAH 81 Bridges, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- MnDOT US 63 Mississippi River Bridge Approach Roadways & Bridges, Red Wing, Minnesota
- Dakota County TH 52/CSAH 42 Interchange, Rosemount, Minnesota
- NDDOT US 2 & 18th Street Intersection, Williston, North Dakota
- MnDOT I-35/TH 14 Interchange Bridge, Minnesota
- Shady Oak Road Reconstruction, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- WisDOT I-39/BUS 51 Interchange, Stevens Point and Wausau, Wisconsin
- MnDOT I-90 Mississippi River Bridge Approaches and US 61/14 Interchange, Dresbach, Minnesota
- 55th Street Bridge over the BNSF Railroad, Minot, North Dakota
- CSAH 2 (Broadway Avenue), Washington County, Minnesota