Expertise:Traffic & Technology View All People
Erik Minge, PE
Erik has 20+ years of experience in managing ITS and CAV projects for federal, state, and local clients and also leads business development efforts. His ITS specialties include ITS planning, design, deployment, oversight, and evaluation. Erik has developed national expertise in traffic monitoring technologies, developing innovative ITS design solutions, and preparing research reports and synthesis studies. Erik’s transportation engineering experience also includes traffic signal design, transportation planning, and traffic studies.
Erik works with clients at the state and local levels on a wide range of projects. In addition, he has led several research projects, including efforts for the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP), Minnesota Local Road Research Board, and Aurora Consortium.
He has managed numerous projects including:
- Iowa DOT Traffic Critical Projects Program Support and Guidance
- Michigan DOT Tool for Managing ITS Infrastructure
- Nebraska DOT IRIS Implementation
- Hennepin County Intelligent Information Management Plan, Minnesota
- Minnesota DOT Enhanced Toll Enforcement on I-35W
- MnDOT I-90 Mississippi River Bridge Approaches and US 61/14 Interchange ITS Final Design, Dresbach, Minnesota
- Nebraska DOT Roads Automated Gates Systems Engineering
- North Dakota DOT Highway 57 Devils Lake ITS Design
- Wisconsin DOT Overheight Vehicle Warning System
- Iowa DOT Queue Warning and Clearance
- NCHRP Testing and Calibration Methods for Road Weather Information System Sensors Project