Erik leads SRF’s Intelligent Transportation Systems practice, one of the largest and most diverse ITS practices in the Midwest. He has 20+ years of experience in managing ITS projects for federal, state, and local clients. His ITS specialties include ITS planning, design, deployment, oversight, and evaluation. Erik has developed national expertise in traffic monitoring technologies, developing innovative ITS design solutions, and preparing research reports and synthesis studies. Erik’s transportation engineering experience also includes traffic signal design, transportation planning, and traffic studies.
Erik works with clients at the state and local levels on a wide range of projects. In addition, he has led several research projects, including efforts for the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP), Minnesota Local Road Research Board, and Aurora Consortium.
Erik has managed numerous projects including:
- Iowa DOT Traffic Critical Projects Program Support and Guidance
- Nebraska Department of Roads IRIS Implementation
- Hennepin County Intelligent Information Management Plan, Minnesota
- Minnesota DOT Enhanced Toll Enforcement on I-35W
- MnDOT I-90 Mississippi River Bridge Approaches and US 61/14 Interchange ITS Final Design, Dresbach, Minnesota
- Nebraska Department of Roads Automated Gates Systems Engineering
- North Dakota DOT Highway 57 Devils Lake ITS Design
- Wisconsin DOT Overheight Vehicle Warning System
- Iowa DOT Queue Warning and Clearance
- NCHRP Testing and Calibration Methods for Road Weather Information System Sensors Project