Amid growing concerns regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share SRF’s approach to the on-going national emergency. First, SRF is committed to doing our part to help limit spread of the virus to keep our employees, families, clients, partners, and communities safe. Secondly, SRF is also committed to working with our clients to deliver on our projects, commitments, and obligations. Therefore, SRF has initiated the following protocols:
- Working Remotely. Beginning today, SRF staff will be working remotely as needed. We will continue to be fully available through our normal communication channels during traditional office hours.
- Meetings. Project managers are encouraged to work with our clients and partners to consider alternatives for all face-to-face meetings. SRF can host on-line meetings for up to 500 participants, where we can share project materials and facilitate discussions. If in-person meetings are required, we will be in attendance but limit contact, practice social distancing, and ask other participants to do the same. We have also identified public engagement options that limit close public interactions.
- Field Operations. Inspection and staking on construction projects will continue as planned with face-to-face contact limited as much as possible. The number of staff in field offices will be limited and work will occur remotely if possible. Meetings will be held as described above.
- Self-Quarantines. SRF has implemented Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations to self-isolate staff who have traveled internationally or to/from any hot spots within the United States. We have also asked staff to stay home if they feel ill.
- On-Going Monitoring. SRF’s management team will be reviewing the COVID-19 situation daily and is following recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), CDC, and state Departments of Health. We are also communicating regularly with the facility management companies at each of our office locations.
As this situation continues to develop, SRF believes it is critical to communicate frequently with our partners as strategies may change or evolve. We are committed to working with you to keep projects moving forward with public health and safety at the forefront of our efforts.
David Montebello, PE
Chief Executive Officer
SRF Consulting Group, Inc.