Roadways View All People
Ken Holte, PE
Ken is SRF’s Division Lead – Civil Technology. With more than 30 years of highway design experience, Ken focuses on major interstate and highway construction projects and rural and urban county roadway projects. Ken specializes in interchange development and design and has worked on more than 30 interchange projects. He frequently manages projects that are very complex in scope and require coordination with multiple agencies and diverse stakeholder groups. Ken also has significant experience with MnDOT trunk highway, federal aid, state aid, and locally funded projects.
Ken excels at finding implementable solutions for client projects and regularly oversees multiple areas of design in order to create a coordinated effort and an efficient, comprehensive solution. His experience ranges from conducting corridor planning and interchange location studies to managing preliminary and final designs to producing construction plans and specifications, cost estimates, and contract documents.
Ken has led projects ranging in value from $5 to nearly $200 million, including:
- Rochester Destination Medical Center Transportation and Infrastructure Program Management, Rochester, Minnesota
- MnDOT US 63 Mississippi River Bridge Approach Roadways & Bridges, Red Wing, Minnesota
- MnDOT I-90 Mississippi River Bridge Approaches and US 61/14 Interchange, Dresbach, Minnesota ($187 million of infrastructure improvements)
- Eau Claire, Wisconsin Birch Street/Hastings Way Intersection Final Design
- 55th and 65th Street Interchanges with TH 52 Final Design, Rochester, Minnesota
- MnDOT I-494/Tamarack Road Interchange Final Design, Woodbury, Minnesota
- WisDOT Chetek Interchange Study Phase I and II, Chetek, Wisconsin
- Northern Rochester Transportation Study, Rochester, Minnesota
- MnDOT St Croix River Crossing Preliminary Design, Stillwater, Minnesota
- WisDOT STH 13 Corridor Study, Marshfield to Prentice, Wisconsin
- Goodhue County CSAH 24/TH 52 Preliminary Design and EA, Cannon Falls, Minnesota