The Minnesota Society of Professional Engineers (MnSPE) has named SRF’s Ken Holte its 2016 Engineer of the Year.
With more than 25 years of roadway design experience, Ken leads SRF’s Highway Engineering practice. Known for his strong project management skills and unwavering commitment to quality, Ken oversees the preliminary and final design of many challenging highway, bridge, and interchange projects for public sector agencies. Together with his team of 30 engineers, Ken has completed the design activities – including corridor planning and interchange location studies and construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, and contract documents – for dozens of projects throughout the state, ranging in value from $5 to nearly $200 million. Many of these award-winning projects are key links in our regional transportation system, improving access, mobility, and safety for the motoring public as well as pedestrians and bicyclists.
The following list highlights some of the complex, multi-disciplinary projects that Ken has managed:
- US 63 Mississippi River Bridge Approach Roadways and Bridges, Red Wing, Minnesota
- Destination Medical Center Plan Program Management Consultant, Rochester, Minnesota
- MnDOT I-90 Mississippi River Bridge Approaches and US 61/14 Interchange, Dresbach, Minnesota ($187 million of infrastructure improvements)
- Birch Street/Hastings Way Intersection Final Design, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- 55th and 65th Street Interchanges with TH 52 Final Design, Rochester, Minnesota
Ken recently accepted the award at the MnSPE’s annual meeting at the Winehaven Winery and Vineyard in Chisago City. For more information, please visit http://www.mnspe.org/.