Traffic Engineering Manager (022301)
SRF Consulting Group is a well-established and award-winning transportation engineering, planning, and design firm providing services throughout the Midwest. At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100% ESOP company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. SRF also provides our team with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is seeking a Traffic Engineering Manager to join our Traffic Engineering Group. You will play a lead role in the development and management of a variety of traffic operations and planning projects, including conducting corridor studies, freeway modeling, review of travel demand forecasting work, and traffic modeling and analysis of complex transportation systems. We also offer the opportunity for this position to be based remotely in the Midwest Region of the U.S. with occasional travel to our Madison, Wisconsin office. Visit our website using this link for more information about our work and current projects: Traffic & Technology.
- Project Management – effectively manage multi-disciplinary project teams and technical work for a wide range of complex traffic projects.
- Staff Supervision – provide for staff growth through nurturing staff in a respectful, collaborative approach that promotes individual professional growth and positive team spirit.
- Group Growth – assist the group leadership in developing and implementing a strategic growth plan for the market including short and long-term action plans and financial goals.
- Client Relationships and Marketing– identify and actively pursue project opportunities resulting in securing new business.
- Develop and Review Models/Analysis – for multimodal corridors, freeway and interchanges and transit projects.
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in traffic / transportation engineering or civil engineering
- 6 or more years of prior related traffic engineering experience
- A Professional Engineer license (PTOE license preferred)
- Previous experience leading traffic engineering tasks, managing projects, and mentorship, growth and development opportunities for traffic engineering staff.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven technical writing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and experience with traffic engineering software (Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM HCS, CUBE, etc.)
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.