Senior Drainage Engineer (052304)
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from. Our Minneapolis office has ample parking, direct access to bus routes, as well as bike paths for a flexible commute.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to join our Civil Design Group. Location options for this opportunity include Minneapolis, MN; Fargo, ND; and Bismarck, ND. SRF offers a hybrid work model, allowing our staff to work from the office full-time or work part-time in the office and part-time remotely. As a Senior Drainage Engineer, you will assist with the development and management of a variety of transportation focused drainage projects for public sector clients such as cities, counties, and transportation departments. Our group’s services include hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, roadway drainage system layout and design, BMP design, storm water permitting, and more.
For examples of projects we typically work on, see our website.
Benefits of this Opportunity:
- Work in a collaborative culture with a range of skilled and dedicated professionals.
- Lead staff with skills and expertise in hydraulic design and engineering.
- Thrive in our fast-paced and challenging environment .
- Accelerate your career by joining a group with opportunities for advancement.
- Balance work and personal life by having flexibility in setting your work schedule.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and rich benefits package.
- Networking opportunities through associations and conferences.
- Task management and/or project management.
- Supervision and training of staff.
- Collaborating with internal company groups and external clients.
- Completion and review of design documentation.
- Promote team growth by teaching and learning from a diverse group of practitioners.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Biosystems Engineering.
- 6+ years of prior related drainage design experience.
- Understanding of construction plans, specifications, and estimates.
- MN PE or ability to attain within 6 months required.
- Ability to lead drainage tasks or manage projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven technical writing ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Previous experience with hydrologic/hydraulic modeling applications (e.g. SWMM, HydroCAD, HY-8, Microstation/Geopak/ORD, and/or AutoCAD).
Visa Sponsorship may available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.