Roadway Design Engineer (072102)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering, planning, and landscape architecture firms. SRF’s engineers, planners, and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, trails, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF regularly competes and receives Project of the Year awards for our clients from numerous professional organizations.
Our dynamic and successful Civil Group is seeking an Entry Level Civil Engineer to join our team of professionals in our Middleton, WI office. As a Roadway Design Engineer, you will be exposed to a wide variety of innovative and diverse projects, such as the design of civil and municipal engineering projects for highway and roads and related infrastructure projects. Duties include assisting design teams with the development of construction plans and documents; preparing reports, studies, and construction contract documents; computing quantities; preparing construction plan sheets; and performing field observations.
Responsibilities of this position:
- Assist the design team in producing quality products for our clients.
- Engage in a positive work environment with an open mind to learning new skills and software associated with typical project requirements.
- Be an active participant on a collaborative design team with other groups/disciplines within SRF.
- Exhibit quality day-to-day work in line with SRF’s quality management plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and successful completion of the FE exam or qualification to take the FE exam within six months of starting.
- Related internship(s) experience preferred for grad engineers; for more experienced engineers, we are seeking 1-4 years of related civil engineering experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D. Proficiency in Bentley 3D design tools a plus.
- Microsoft office suite experience.
- Desire to pursue professional engineering licensure.
- Seeking someone who is a self-starter, collaborative, dedicated, enthusiastic, flexible, innovative, organized, and possesses strong communication skills.
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.