Design-build differs from the traditional design-bid-build delivery method as design and construction take place simultaneously under one contract, saving time and minimizing disruptions to the traveling public.
SRF has staffed some of the Midwest’s most complex and aggressive design-build projects. Our expertise in highway and structural engineering coupled with our in-depth knowledge of water resources engineering, environmental documentation, utility coordination, public engagement, and commitment to the quality management process has been a key component of delivering design-build projects. We’ve been on both sides of the design-build table: working on behalf of the owner to develop procurement documents and to oversee design-build teams, and helping lead and serving as lead designer for contractor teams.
- Procurement document preparation
- Design verification and plan review
- Construction verification / oversight
- Roadway and structural design
- Stormwater management and environmental compliance
- Traffic management plans (MOT)
- Design quality management
- Construction quality management
- Document control
- Warranty administration
- Design and construction surveying