Water Resources Engineer (071803)
- Requisition #: 071803
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is a vibrant, well-established planning, engineering, and design firm. We are moved by a compelling mission at SRF: to help our clients create vibrant, livable communities and sustainable transportation systems. Our calling to have fun while helping others extends beyond our office buildings and jobsites and into the neighborhoods in which we live and work. Our employee-owned company offers professionals a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation package, including medical/RX, dental, life, disability, and other valuable voluntary options; a strong focus on staff development; 401(k) and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
We are seeking an Engineer to work in a team atmosphere with experienced project engineers applying various design, engineering, and modeling tools in the development of water resource projects for federal, state, and local clients as well as for private industry. Possible project work could include the following:
- Roadway drainage system layout and design, including new and retrofit systems and design of Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Site design, including BMP design and modeling and Low Impact Development (LID) practices.
- Green infrastructure design.
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic (H&H) modeling.
- Hydraulic analysis related to bridge and culvert design.
- Floodplain mapping.
- Bioengineering design relating to surface water conveyance systems such as stream bank stabilization and wetland creation and restoration.
- Design of erosion control and sediment management BMPs.
- Wetland and floodplain mitigation analysis and permitting.
- Sanitary and storm pump systems.
- Surface water management planning, feasibility studies, and assessments.
- Development of the water resources component of environmental documents (EA,EAW,EIS).
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Biosystems Engineering with a hydrology or water resources emphasis and 2+ years of experience; 1+ years of experience with related master’s degree
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a flexible team environment
- Previous experience with hydrologic/hydraulic modeling applications (e.g. SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Hydro CAD), ArcGIS, Microstation/Geopak, and/or AutoCAD a plus.
SRF Consulting Group Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.