Senior Freight Planner (012008)
- Requisition #: 012008
- Location: Minneapolis or St. Paul, Minnesota
Senior Freight Planner (012008)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is a fast growing, locally owned and well-established planning, engineering, and design firm providing services throughout the Midwest. At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent company-wide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional membership, generous time-off programs, and vacation time carry-over.
We are seeking a Senior Freight Planner to join our team in either our Minneapolis or St. Paul office.
What Can You Gain From This Opportunity?
- Accelerate your career by joining a group with opportunities for advancement
- Work in a collaborative culture with a range of skilled and dedicated professionals
- Benefit from our strong reputation while you develop and carve out your own practice areas
- Balance work and personal life by having flexibility in setting your work schedule
- Thrive in our fast-paced and challenging environment
- Diversify your skillset by working on a wide variety of projects
- Enjoy a competitive salary and rich benefits package
- Ability to manage a variety of Freight Projects and policy planning
- Familiarity and experience with various freight modes
- Knowledge of various freight data sources and ability to analyze various data sets
- Abilities conducting GIS data analysis preferred
- Experience with public involvement, including facilitating open houses, stakeholder meetings, and other planning related public meetings
- Familiarity with transportation planning, corridor studies, statewide planning, and other planning practices is desired
- Communicating with clients, subconsultants, and other SRF groups
- Applying excellent written communication skills to assist in the preparation of project proposals, plans, grants, and technical reports and memos
- Contribute to the development of a fast-growing freight planning practice
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation planning, urban/regional planning, civil engineering or related field
- 5-10+ years of experience in Freight Planning is desired.
- AICP certification or P.E. licensure desired
- Proven public involvement and interest in contributing to a consulting practice
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven technical writing ability
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills
- An understanding of multi-modal freight planning, GIS analysis, freight data, and freight design concepts
Our Minneapolis office currently located near 394 and 494 in Plymouth, but will be moving to West End area of St Louis Park fall of 2020.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.