Right of Way Specialist (011906)
- Requisition #: 011906
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Right of Way Specialist position. The Right of Way Specialist will work on a multidisciplinary team to prepare for and negotiate acquisition of property and right of ways for transportation and facility projects. The ideal candidate will have 0-5 years of related experience and be expected to continue to promote SRF’s growing real estate and right of way practice throughout Minnesota and North Dakota. Travel will be required but this will be a Minneapolis based position.
SRF Consulting Group is one of the Midwest’s premier planning, engineering, and landscape architecture consulting firms. Our award-winning projects range from designing bridges and highway interchanges to planning statewide transportation systems and revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF offers employees a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation package, including medical/RX, dental, life, disability, and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan. We have also been recognized as a Top Workplace in MN by the Star Tribune 2016-2018.
- Work with property owners, public agency staff and the public in explaining right of way activities and may negotiate terms and compensation for acquisition or sale
- Provide residential and commercial relocation assistance
- Conduct negotiations with property owners for the acquisition of rights of way, easements, construction easements, and other interests
- Conduct or direct the recordation of legal documents for property purchase or sale and easement acquisitions; prepare and maintain records of property purchase or sale and acquisition easements for right of way
- Review appraisal and preliminary title reports prepared by independent appraisers and title companies to determine present and future value of property affected by proposed projects
- Additional duties as assigned
- Related degree OR 1-5 years of experience in general right of way and/ or real estate acquisition
- Some knowledge of acquisition procedures
- Strong people skills
- Very detailed oriented and well organized
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills
- Proficiency in a number of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets and database software
- Minnesota Real Estate License or the ability to obtain one within 6-months of employment
- Ability to travel as needed
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an equal employment opportunity / affirmative action employer.