Municipal Design Manager – St. Paul Office (091808)
- Requisition #: 091808
- Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Are you ready for a new challenge and an opportunity to grow in your career? SRF Consulting Group, Inc., a well-established transportation engineering, planning, and design firm, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Municipal Design Manager to join our Civil group in St. Paul, MN and develop, build and lead our Municipal Group in the East Metro Area.
SRF offers employees a dynamic work environment and a competitive benefits package including medical/RX, dental, life, disability, and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; 401(k) and ESOP. Professional growth is fostered for our employees through in-house training, conference and workshop attendance, tuition reimbursement and a strong mentorship program. SRF has been recognized as a Top Workplace in Minnesota by the Star Tribune for 2016 & 2017.
- Identifying municipal engineering opportunities, building client relationships, providing vision and strategy for procuring projects.
- Work with group leadership to identify and execute a plan for growing the municipal group, building staff career satisfaction, build interoffice collaboration with the group.
- Market and procure municipal engineering projects.
- Oversee preparation of conceptual, preliminary, and construction level plan sets for a variety of roadway, trail, public utility, and other municipal projects.
- Oversee preparation of engineering reports including feasibility studies, project manuals, cost estimates, and technical specifications.
- Oversee and perform quality control checks of engineering calculations and analyses.
- Interact with clients, other disciplines, regulatory agencies, and the public as necessary for project design, approvals and permitting.
- Provide project management, including budget preparation and monitoring, staff utilization, accounts receivable, and billing.
- Work with staff to develop training, and career development and build positive staff engagement results.
- At least 10 years of experience in municipal engineering.
- Professional Engineer Licensure in the State of Minnesota.
- Proven leadership and mentorship capabilities.
- Proven proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D and/or Bentley Geopak platforms.
- Keen entrepreneurial spirit; strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- High productivity, attention to detail, and ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to identify, build, and maintain strong relationships with clients, staff and leadership.
What Can You Gain From This Opportunity?
- Build and lead a group of skilled and dedicated municipal engineering professionals.
- Work in a collaborative and rewarding culture.
- Diversify your skillset by working on a wide variety of projects.
- Thrive in our fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Accelerate your career by joining a group with opportunities for advancement.
- Balance work and personal life by having flexibility in setting your work schedule.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Top candidates will be interviewed and reference-checked; a background and driving record check will be part of the final hiring process once a conditional offer of employment is made.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.