Entry Level Water Resources Engineer (011908)
- Requisition #: 011908
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
A Bit About Us:
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is a vibrant, well-established planning, engineering, and design firm. We are moved by a compelling mission at SRF: to help our clients create vibrant, livable communities and sustainable infrastructure. Our calling to have fun while helping others extends beyond our office buildings and jobsites and into the neighborhoods in which we live and work.
Our employee-owned company offers professionals a collaborative and dynamic work environment, and a competitive compensation package, including medical/RX, dental, life, disability, parental leave, and other valuable voluntary options; a strong focus on staff development; 401(k) and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). We have also been recognized as a Top Workplace in Minnesota for the past three years.
Water Resources Department Areas of Design (not exhaustive):
- Roadway drainage system layout and design, including new and retrofit systems and design of Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Site design, including BMP design, modeling, and Low Impact Development (LID) practices.
- Design of stormwater reuse systems, green infrastructure, and other sustainable stormwater management systems.
- Surface water management planning, feasibility studies, and assessments.
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic (H&H) modeling.
- Hydraulic analysis related to bridge, culvert, channel, and revetment design.
- Bioengineering design relating to surface water conveyance systems such as stream bank stabilization and wetland creation and restoration.
- Design of erosion control and sediment management BMPs.
- Wetland and floodplain mitigation analysis and permitting.
- Sanitary and storm lift stations.
- Development of the water resources component of environmental documents (EA,EAW,EIS).
Typical activities in the first 6 months include:
- Learning about local design standards and regulatory environments.as you assist senior members in project design.
- Drafting plans using engineering software programs.
- Performing hydrologic/hydraulic modeling.
- Performing a variety of design tasks with the collaboration of other team members.
- Gaining confidence in your design resource knowledge.
- Benefitting from the broad set of expert resources available to you at SRF.
Typical goals for your first year:
- Understand the steps to putting together a plan set, and have exposure to special provisions.
- Be an integral part of multifaceted projects and continual exposure to a variety of new learning opportunities as listed in our Areas of Design.
- Work with other SRF disciplines and have exposure to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Biosystems Engineering with a hydrology or water resources emphasis.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a flexible team environment
- Previous experience with hydrologic/hydraulic modeling applications (e.g. SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Hydro CAD), Microstation/Geopak, and/or AutoCAD a plus.
SRF Consulting Group Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.