Community Planner – Madison, WI (101804)
- Requisition #: 101804
- Location: Madison, Wisconsin
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is a growing, locally owned and well established firm providing services throughout the Midwest. Our award-winning company has been recognized for engineering, planning and landscape architecture excellence. In addition to working in an exciting, positive atmosphere, we offer competitive salary and benefits, educational and professional growth support, flexibility in schedules and dress code, 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
We are seeking a Community Planner to join our team of professionals in the Madison, WI office.
Working under the direct supervision of an Associate Planner, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Create maps, charts, drawings, and other visual aids to illustrate and implement planning concepts and issues.
- Participate in the development of Comprehensive Plans.
- Attend meetings and assist in making presentations to citizen advisory groups, Planning Commissions and City Councils, and various committees regarding specific planning and development projects.
- Draft community development regulations such as zoning ordinances.
- Conduct technical research and field studies, and create and analyze databases for various statistical and planning reports.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Basic principles, practices, theories, terminology, and applications of current and long-range planning.
- Principles and practices of data collection and analysis.
- Functional areas of planning and their relationship to the planning process
- Principles of business writing and basic report preparation.
- Methods and techniques of public speaking.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning or related field
- 2+ years of planning experience in municipal planning, zoning code, permitting, transportation planning, grant writing, environmental documentation (NEPA/WEPA); 1+ years of related experience required with a Master’s degree
- Ability to obtain AICP certification within one year; current AICP certification preferred
- ArcGIS, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
For more than 50 years, SRF has helped clients across the Midwest create vibrant, livable communities and sustainable transportation systems. Our values – innovation, service, quality, and collaboration – are the cornerstones of our corporate philosophy, our project management practices, and our relationship with every client. As an employee-owned company, SRF understands that great people are the key to our success.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.