Joni has 20 years of experience in landscape architecture and urban design. Her expertise includes urban planning and design, station area planning and transit-oriented development, green infrastructure, streetscape design, trail and pedestrian planning, and complete streets. Joni has facilitated numerous projects that require an integrated approach where community infrastructure (water resources, parks/open spaces, utilities, land use and multimodal transportation) requirements must be synthesized into a vibrant, creative, and aesthetically pleasing public amenity.
Some of Joni’s recent projects include:
- Downtown Plan Update, Stillwater, Minnesota
- Central Corridor Stormwater and Green Infrastructure Plan, Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Fargo-Moorhead Area Diversion Recreation and Use Master Plan, Fargo, North Dakota.
- Wayzata Lakefront Vision Plan, Wayzata, Minnesota.
- Blue Line Extension Station Area Planning: Phase 1, Minneapolis and Golden Valley, Minnesota
- Eagan Park System Plan Update, Eagan, Minnesota.
- Woodbury 2040 Comprehensive Plan, Parks, Trails, and Open Space Chapter, Woodbury, Minnesota.
Areas of Expertise:
- Urban Design
- Land Use and Comprehensive Planning
- Site Analysis
- Streetscape Design
- Pedestrian/Bicycle Planning and Design
- Park & Greenway Design
- Complete Streets
- Station Area Planning
- Traffic Calming
- Stormwater Management and Treatment Design
- Transit Oriented Development (TOD)