Jim has more than 30 years of civil engineering experience and has worked extensively with MnDOT, cities, and counties. A highly respected project manager, Jim’s experience spans the design and project management of municipal streets, utilities, County State Aid Highway facilities, and Trunk Highway facilities. He has in-depth knowledge of municipal requirements, local and regional transportation systems, and the technical and regulatory requirements of transportation projects. In addition, Jim has a great deal of expertise with state and federally funded projects, which require intense coordination with multiple agencies to achieve project approvals.
Jim has managed numerous complex, multijurisdictional projects, including:
- CSAH 14 Design-Build, Anoka County, Minnesota
- MnDOT TH 610 Design-Build, Maple Grove and Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- METRO Red Line (Cedar Avenue BRT) Final Design, Dakota County, Minnesota
- CSAH 14/I-35E Interchange Preliminary and Final Design, Anoka County, Minnesota
- Dunkirk Lane/I-94 Interchange Preliminary and Final Design, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- CSAH 14 Reconstruction (I-35 W to I-35E), Anoka County, Minnesota
Jim oversees SRF’s Municipal Engineering, Highway Engineering, Design-Build, and Construction and Survey Services Groups.