Water Resources Engineer (012303)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the leading engineering, design, environmental, and planning firms. Our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to join our Water Resources Group. Location options for this opportunity include Minneapolis, MN; St. Paul, MN; and Madison, WI. SRF offers a hybrid work model, allowing our staff to work from the office full-time or work part-time in the office and part-time remotely. As a Water Resources Engineer, you will assist with the development and management of a variety of water resource projects for public sector clients such as cities, counties, and watershed districts. Our group’s services include stormwater BMP design including green infrastructure, hydraulic infrastructure analysis and design, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, flood mitigation and surface water management studies, stream restoration and bank stabilization design, bridge hydraulics and risk assessments, roadway drainage system layout and design, permitting, and more. For more details see our website via the following link: SRF – Water and Environment Services.
Benefits of this Opportunity:
- Work in a collaborative culture with a range of skilled and dedicated professionals
- Lead staff with skills and expertise in water resources science and engineering
- Thrive in our fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Accelerate your career by joining a group with opportunities for advancement.
- Balance work and personal life by having flexibility in setting your work schedule.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and rich benefits package.
- Networking opportunities through local and national conferences
- Task management and/or project management
- Collaborating with internal company groups and external clients
- Completion and review of water resource documentation
- Promote team growth by teaching and learning from a diverse group of practitioners.
- Assist with growing the water resources practice by identifying project opportunities, actively pursuing opportunities, and preparing proposals.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Biosystems, or Environmental Engineering with hydrology or water resources emphasis.
- 6+ years of prior related water resources engineering experience.
- Professional Engineer License
- Ability to lead water resources engineering tasks or manage projects.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven technical writing ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Previous experience with hydrologic/hydraulic modeling applications (e.g. SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Hydro CAD), ArcGIS, Microstation/Geopak, and/or AutoCAD.
- Previous experience with proposal development.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.