Utility / Municipal Design Engineer (072304)
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from. Our Minneapolis office has ample parking, direct access to bus routes, as well as bike paths for a flexible commute.
Our dynamic and successful Civil Design group is seeking an Entry Level or licensed Utility / Municipal Design Engineer to join our team of professionals in our Minneapolis, MN office. We have multiple opportunities to join our team, depending on qualifications and experience. As a Utility Municipal Design Engineer, you will be exposed to a wide variety of innovative and diverse projects. Projects will focus on municipal utility engineering and may also include projects overlapping into urban design, highway and interstate design, and multimodal and trail design for a variety of clients.
Responsibilities of a Utility Designer:
- Assist the design team in producing quality products for our clients through the life cycle of the project. Focus on providing design assistance with water, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer infrastructure assets.
- Support design efforts for city, county and private roadway and site design developments.
- Ability to engage in a positive work environment with an open mind to learning new skills and software(s) associated with typical project requirements.
- Be an active participant on a collaborative design team with other groups/disciplines within SRF.
- Exhibit quality day-to-day work in line with SRF’s quality management plan.
- Specific tasks you may perform include design layouts, calculations, cost estimates, plan production, and onsite construction field observations and inspection which will require travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar degree from an accredited school.
- 0 – 6 years of engineering experience
- Successful completion of the FE exam or ability to take the FE exam within six months of employment.
- Ability to travel off-site as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Related internship(s) experience or past employment at a civil engineering firm, state, or local agency.
- AutoDesk design software(s) experience.
- Microsoft office suite experience.
- Enthusiastic, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Desire to pursue professional engineering licensure.
- If already licensed PE, ability to obtain licensure in state of MN, ND and/or WI.
- Willingness to endorse SRF’s commitment to Innovation, Service, Quality, and Collaboration.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer