Traffic Studies Intern (092110)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is seeking an intern to join our growing Traffic and Technology Group in our Minneapolis, MN office. This talented group works together to develop creative solutions for challenging projects such as intersection studies, corridor studies, sub-area studies, traffic impact studies, freeway and transit modeling, traffic forecasting, traffic safety and other specialized traffic analysis work. They are highly regarded for their strong commitment to service and quality; developing innovative solutions that are cost-effective and implementable. At SRF, our internship program will benefit you in gaining practical experience, career exploration, professional networking, as well as the opportunity to engage in a fun and dynamic company culture.
Highlighted responsibilities include:
- Organizing and developing technical information
- Data collection and processing
- Conducting technical analysis using traffic simulation and modeling programs
- Mining and evaluating big data
- Assessing various transportation-related performance measures
- Developing documentation to support analysis work
Typical types of projects:
- Freeway and arterial corridor simulation modeling
- Transit modeling and signal priority
- System performance evaluations and project prioritization
- Concept development and alternatives analysis
- Corridor signal timing
- Benefit-cost analysis
- Traffic impact studies
- Safety evaluations
- Traffic forecast projections
- Traffic study documentation
- Transportation analytics
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven technical writing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and experience with any traffic engineering software a plus (Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, ArcGIS, CUBE, TransCAD)
As a 100 percent employee-owned company, SRF’s engineers, planners and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects. Together, we create vibrant communities and dynamic experiences. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, bikeways, parks, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF offers a diverse work culture and collaborative environment to learn and grow in your career.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.