Traffic Safety Engineer (012305)
SRF is seeking an engineer or planning with 2 to 4 years of experience to support SRF’s traffic safety services. This team-oriented position will perform quantitative and statistical analysis on large sets of historical crash data to identify risks, trends, and priority locations. This information is then used to recommend countermeasures for highway facilities to mitigate safety risks. Recommendations are documented in safety plan reports and presented to clients and stakeholders in various levels of government.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent data analysis skills, in terms of statistical capabilities and experience managing large data sets. Programming expertise in computing platforms beyond MS Excel is strongly preferred, and GIS skills are also desired but can also be built through on-the-job training. The successful candidate should also offer outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the ability to present their work to internal and external collaborators in an effective and understandable manner.
The key to success in this role relies on a passion for improving safety in transportation and leveraging technical skills to achieve shared project and planning goals. This should include a focus on vulnerable users and emphasizing unique needs to improving their safety outcomes when travelling.
- Transportation safety evaluation and planning
- Analysis of historical crash records
- Management of large data sets in spreadsheets and databases
- Spatial analysis using GIS and similar tools
- Basic programming capabilities to manage and query large data sets
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in planning or civil engineering with a strong emphasis in transportation systems analysis
- 2 – 4 years of experience in travel demand modeling related to highway and transit projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical and plain language writing ability
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.