Traffic Engineering Design Intern (112101)
We are seeking an intern to join our successful Traffic Engineering Design Group. At SRF, our internship program will benefit you in gaining practical experience, career exploration, professional networking, as well as the opportunity to engage in a fun and dynamic company culture. At SRF, our internship program will benefit you in gaining practical experience, career exploration, professional networking, as well as the opportunity to engage in a fun and dynamic company culture.
The chosen candidate will work up to 40 hours during the summer and/or part-time hours during the school year. Please note that this internship would be based out of our Minneapolis office. Looking towards the future? This position has the potential for full-time employment upon graduation from a respective accredited Civil Engineering program.
This position will assist with the development of a large variety of traffic engineering design/operations projects.
- Conceptual, preliminary, and final design task
- Intersection control evaluations
- Signal and roundabout justification reports
- Traffic signal design tasks
- Signing and pavement markings design
- Work zone traffic control
- Detour signing
- Asset management
- Data collection and processing
- Strong analytical skills and technical writing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills
- Ability to thrive within a cooperative team atmosphere
- Proficiency in several computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and experience with the following traffic engineering software a plus (Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, RODEL, SignCAD, Microstation, AutoCAD)
- Passion for emerging transportation technologies and trends, as well as multimodal transportation including car, pedestrian, bicycle, and transit modes is a plus
As a 100 percent employee-owned company, SRF’s engineers, planners and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects. At SRF, our calling to have fun while helping others extends beyond our offices and job sites and into the neighborhoods where we live and work. Together, we create vibrant communities and dynamic experiences. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, bikeways, parks, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF offers a diverse work culture and collaborative environment to learn and grow in your career.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.