Software Developer / Systems Analyst (092007)
SRF Consulting Group is a well-established and award-winning transportation engineering, planning, and design firm providing services throughout the Midwest. At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100% ESOP company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. SRF also provides our team with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
We have an immediate opening in our Minneapolis, MN headquarters for a Software Developer / Systems Analyst. The Software Developer / Systems Analyst splits time between maintaining existing software applications and developing new solutions through the entire project lifecycle.
- Variable responsibilities involving:
- Developing new solutions through full SDLC (75% of time).
- Maintaining applications, providing support, and R&D (collectively 25% of time).
- Developing new solutions includes – research, develop, and implement/configure software applications through entire SDLC with SRF staff and external 3rd parties. Most work is independent.
- Prioritize workload and escalate (when required) to the appropriate I.T. staff and outsourced resources.
- Provide 2nd level IT support to end users for defined applications.
- Complete service requests and tasks related to key software applications.
- Maintain SRF knowledgebase for key Applications.
- Minimum of a four-year degree in the field of computer science or information technology.
- 3-5+ years of related professional experience.
- Understanding of software development methods and best practices.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience with web hosting services IIS and Apache.
- Experience building and configuring Cloud based solutions (AWS and/or Azure).
- Familiarity with Databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB.
- Knowledge or desire to learn Data Analytics Tools such as PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.