Senior Transit Planner (082301)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering, planning, and landscape architecture firms. SRF’s engineers, planners, and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects. Our award-winning projects range from designing transitways, roadways, trails, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF regularly competes and receives Project of the Year awards for our clients from numerous professional organizations.
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
We are seeking a full-time Transit Planner to join our growing transit planning and design group in our Saint Paul, Chicago, or Omaha office (location depending on candidate preference and location). In this role you would lead and execute tasks within transit planning projects of all types and sizes and experience a broad range of challenging project opportunities. Recent and upcoming projects include major transitways (bus rapid transit, light rail, and/or streetcar), transit route and system plans, transit-oriented development studies, Title VI/equity analyses, and stakeholder and community engagement. While our transit team works extensively in our home markets of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the greater Midwest, our practice is growing on a national level, and this position will have opportunities to collaborate on projects across the country.
At SRF, you will be supported through initiatives promoting professional development and individual growth. Depending on your aptitude and interests, you will have the opportunity to advance in technical roles, build relationships with clients and transit agencies, and pursue training opportunities that align with your interests and SRF’s goals. You will work regularly with SRF’s talented and collaborative group of planners, designers, data scientists, and public engagement specialists.
- Collaborate with clients and team members to deliver effective transit projects.
- Promote staff growth through sharing technical knowledge and experience.
- Embrace our respectful, collaborative approach that promotes individual professional growth and positive team spirit.
- Organize tasks and delegate work to colleagues, following up to ensure timely and quality deliverables.
- May manage small to medium-sized projects with support from senior staff.
- Develop transit service and operating plans as well as performance measures and assessments.
- Conduct mapping and spatial analyses using geographic information systems (GIS) and other industry-standard data platforms.
- Interpret and communicate the results of complex analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Assist transit agencies with federal compliance, reporting, and technology upgrades.
- Contribute to environmental studies for transit capital projects.
- Travel to attend and lead project meetings, prepare client presentations, and interact with transit riders on buses and trains.
- Plan and execute public engagement strategies for transit projects.
- Prepare high-quality written deliverables, including client memorandums and public-facing documents.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in urban planning, geography, civil engineering or related field with five or more years of experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, theories, terminology, and applications of current and long-range transit planning.
- Experience with transit service and route planning, including route design, cost estimation, and performance analysis.
- Familiarity with data analysis and visualization software, including Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Tableau, R, and/or Python.
- Strong analytical skills and technical writing ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time, and workload management skills.
- Understanding of urban geography, land use, and transportation issues.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.