Senior Roadway Design Engineer (122105)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering, planning, and landscape architecture firms. SRF’s engineers, planners, and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, trails, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF regularly competes and receives Project of the Year awards for our clients from numerous professional organizations.
Our dynamic and successful Civil Design Group is seeking a full-time experienced Senior Roadway Design Engineer as part of our Madison office As a Senior Roadway Design Engineer, you would be responsible for the design of roadway engineering projects for highway and municipal infrastructure projects, as well as client development and staff management.
Responsibilities of a Senior Transportation Engineer:
- Manage and coordinate project tasks with other groups/disciplines, including the monitoring of project budgets.
- Lead roadway design tasks for preliminary and final design projects.
- Utilize Civil 3D to perform roadway design tasks.
- Perform quality day-to-day work in line with SRF’s quality management plan.
- Develop project documents including reports, studies, construction contract documents, and permit applications.
- Handle multiple deadlines and produce high-quality work under tight schedules.
- Interact with clients, regulatory agencies, and the public as necessary for project completion.
- Provide training assistance for engineers and staff.
- Business development activities including assisting in development of proposals.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or a similar degree from an accredited school.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in WI or with the ability to obtain WI licensure within 6 months.
- 4 + years of experience as a Civil Engineer in transportation design.
- Proven ability to develop and produce construction plans and documents using AutoDesk or Bentley design software(s).
- Proven ability to develop studies, reports, technical specifications, regulatory permits, applications, construction estimates, and other project documents.
- Ability to identify and establish work priorities while balancing multiple projects.
- An enthusiastic, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience in a position with progressive job responsibilities in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Previous experience using Autodesk Civil 3D to perform roadway design tasks.
- Familiarity with WisDOT and local agency procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, people and/or tasks.
- Willingness to endorse SRF’s commitment to Innovation, Service, Quality, and Collaboration.
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
This position will be located at our Madison office. SRF has a hybrid work policy, and an individual would have the opportunity to utilize this flexibility upon the 6-month review period.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.