Senior Project Manager – Environmental/Scientist (072201)
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced and collaborative environment? Does working with an organization that has a strong focus on professional development and staff engagement sound good to you? Do you want to diversify your skills by working on a wide variety of transportation planning projects? Are you seeking flexibility in setting your schedule to manage work / life balance? If so, we may have just what you are looking for!
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is a vibrant and well-established planning, engineering, and design firm providing services throughout the Midwest. Our team works with clients and communities throughout the Midwest and across the country as they proactively respond to emerging community development, transportation, and infrastructure challenges. We are seeking a full-time Senior Project Manager / Senior Environmental Planner/Scientist to join our dynamic Minneapolis, MN Office. The person in this position will manage the development of state and federal environmental documentation for a variety of transportation, civil engineering, planning, and development projects. In addition, they will also coordinate with regulatory agencies; manage / provide oversight for junior staff and project teams; prepare scopes of work / fee estimates; and participate in business development activities.
Work Task Opportunities:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team of planners, engineers, urban designers, water resource specialists and landscape architects to evaluate potential community and natural resource impacts resulting from transportation and development projects
- Lead / manage development of environmental documents (Environmental Assessment Worksheets, Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements), technical memorandums, and related documents
- Engage with agencies to discuss potential project impacts, permitting requirements, and mitigation
- Collaborate with engineering design teams to incorporate environmental commitments into project design
- Manage wetland teams and perform quality control of reports and permit applications
- Assist with business development and manage staff and workload assignments
- Communicate with clients and subconsultants
- Collaborate with other groups, such as Water Resources, to expand services and explore new opportunities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental science / planning, biology, ecology, or other natural resources-related field. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of related consulting and/or public sector experience including:
- Previous experience in preparing NEPA / MEPA documentation and related special studies for transportation and development projects
- Working with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies including wetland permitting processes
- Familiarity with aquatic resources, protected species, and land use issues
- Proficiency in standard office software; GIS experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and proven technical writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills
- Experience managing teams
As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent company-wide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
What do our employees have to say? “I like working at SRF because my colleagues are talented and fun to work with, the projects are challenging, and leadership is dedicated to making sure SRF is a place people want to work.” – Current SRF Planner / Employee Owner
Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.