Senior Field Technician – Construction Observation (022308)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading planning, engineering, and landscape architecture firms. Our award-winning projects range from designing bridges and highway interchanges to planning state-wide transportation systems to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. Our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Field Technician to join our growing Construction Services Group in our Minneapolis or St. Paul offices An important member of our Civil Construction Inspection Team, we are looking for someone to perform quality assurance inspections and ensure contract compliance for various public infrastructure projects. SRF has a long tradition of partnering and contributing to construction projects of significance across the Twin Cities Metropolitan area.
- Perform construction inspection for highway municipal projects.
- Complete daily diaries and other project documentation, on paper and electronically.
- Ensure compliance of contractors work with plans, specifications, and policies of the owner.
- Read and interpret construction plans and project specifications.
- 4+ years of highway and bridge inspection experience
- A valid Minnesota Driver’s License, with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and record keeping skills.
- The ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, stand/walk for long periods of time, and to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions.
- A level 2 MnDOT technical certifications in grading and base, bituminous street and concrete field, and bridge construction (preferred).
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.