Senior Field Technician – Construction Observation (032102)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. has opportunities, in the Twin Cities, to be an important member of our Civil Construction Inspection Team to perform quality assurance inspections and ensure contract compliance for various public infrastructure projects. SRF has a long tradition of partnering and contributing to construction projects of significance across the Twin Cities Metropolitan area.
SRF is one of the Midwest’s leading bridge design and infrastructure engineering firms with a strong structural engineering design division that supports and generates inspection opportunities. Inspectors have responsibilities that include observing construction, taking measurements, collecting data, performing calculations, and manage testing related to soil, concrete, asphalt, and earthwork. This position requires working outside in a variety of conditions and ability to perform work independently.
In addition to working in an exciting, positive atmosphere, we offer competitive salary and benefits, 401(k) and ESOP program. This position offers the opportunity to grow your career while working on complex, fast-paced highway and bridge projects.
- Perform construction inspection for highway/municipal/projects
- Complete Daily Diaries and other project documentation, both on paper and electronic
- Insure compliance of Contractors work with Plans, Specifications and policies of the owner
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Ideal candidates have five or more years of highway and bridge inspection experience, a valid driver’s license, excellent communication and record keeping skills, and the ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Level 2 MnDOT Technical Certifications in grading and base, bituminous street and concrete field, and bridge construction preferred
- Valid Driver’s License, with an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, stand / walk for long periods of time, and to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.