Roadway Design Intern (082307)
We are seeking an intern to join our successful Highway and Municipal Design Groups. These groups are responsible for the design of civil and municipal engineering projects for highway and local roads, public utilities and public works, and related infrastructure projects. At SRF, our internship program will benefit you in gaining practical experience, career exploration, professional networking, as well as the opportunity to engage in a fun and dynamic company culture.
The chosen candidate will work part-time hours during the school year and/or up to 40 hours during the summer. Please note that this internship has the potential to be based out of either our Minneapolis or St. Paul office. Looking towards the future? This position has the potential for full-time employment upon graduation from the respective accredited Civil Engineering program.
- Assist design teams with the development of plans, reports, studies, and contract documents
- Prepare project cost estimates
- Perform field construction inspection services and assistance for survey crews
- Additional duties as assigned
- Current enrollment in a university’s civil engineering undergraduate program (junior or senior level preferred)
- Seeking someone who is collaborative, dedicated, enthusiastic, flexible, innovative, organized, and possesses strong communication skills as well as an ability to self-start
- Autodesk or Bentley design software(s) experience.
As a 100 percent employee-owned company, SRF’s engineers, planners and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects. Together, we create vibrant communities and dynamic experiences. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, bikeways, parks, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF offers a diverse work culture and collaborative environment to learn and grow in your career.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.