Roadway Design/Construction Survey Intern (092114)
We are seeking motivated individuals to join our successful Highway and Municipal Groups. These groups are responsible for the design/construction/survey of civil and municipal engineering projects for highway and local roads, public utilities and public works, and related infrastructure projects.
This job may include 10-11 hour days and some weekend work. Seeking candidates who can work during the summer of 2022 or through the whole construction season (into November of 2022). Please note that this internship will be based in Fargo, ND and has the potential to continue part-time work during the school year if class schedules and project needs allow. Looking towards the future? This position has the potential for full-time employment upon graduation from the respective accredited Civil Engineering program.
- Assist design teams with the development of plans, reports, studies, and contract documents
- Assist construction inspection teams with documentation and
- Prepare project cost estimates
- Perform field construction inspection services and assistance for survey crews
- Additional duties as assigned
- Progressing toward a BS in civil engineering or construction management/engineering / related 4-year degree, or a 2-year civil engineering technician / related degree
- Seeking someone who is collaborative, dedicated, enthusiastic, flexible, innovative, organized, and possesses strong communication skills as well as an ability to self-start
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Bentley 3D design tools; BIM tool experience for infrastructure preferred
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, stand / walk for long periods of time, and to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License
As a 100 percent employee-owned company, SRF’s engineers, planners and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects. Together, we create vibrant communities and dynamic experiences. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, bikeways, parks, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF offers a diverse work culture and collaborative environment to learn and grow in your career.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.