Right of Way Specialist (072103)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is a well-established and award-winning transportation engineering, planning, and design firm providing services throughout the Midwest. We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Right of Way Specialist position. As a Right of Way Specialist, you will work on a multidisciplinary team to prepare for and negotiate acquisition of property and right of ways for transportation and facility projects. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of related experience and be ready to continue to promote SRF’s growing real estate and right of way practice throughout Minnesota and North Dakota. Travel will be required but this will be either a Minneapolis, MN or Fargo, ND based position.
- Work with property owners, public agency staff and the public in explaining right of way activities and may negotiate terms and compensation for acquisition or sale
- Provide residential and commercial relocation assistance
- Conduct negotiations with property owners for the acquisition of rights of way, easements, construction easements, and other interests
- Conduct or direct the recordation of legal documents for property purchase or sale and easement acquisitions; prepare and maintain records of property purchase or sale and acquisition easements for right of way
- Review appraisal and preliminary title reports prepared by independent appraisers and title companies to determine present and future value of property affected by proposed projects
- Additional duties as assigned
- Professional with 2+ years of experience in general right of way and/ or real estate acquisition
- Bachelor degree in Real Estate or a related field is preferred
- Awareness of acquisition procedures
- Very detailed oriented and well organized
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills
- Proficiency in several computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets and database software
- Active Minnesota Real Estate License or the ability to obtain one within 6-months of employment
- Ability to travel as needed
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100% ESOP company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. SRF also provides our team with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs including vacation and sick time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.