Public Engagement Intern (032104)
Looking for an opportunity to expand your communications and engagement skill set with the public and stakeholders throughout the Midwest? Do you enjoy gathering meaningful and inclusive feedback that is used to drive project results? If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team as a Public Engagement Intern in our Minneapolis office.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is a growing multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing planning, engineering, and landscape architecture services throughout the Midwest. Specific service areas of multi-modal and sustainable transportation include street and intersection design, transit design and planning, corridor and safety studies, trails and greenways. Our award-winning company is regularly recognized for excellence in engineering, planning and landscape architecture.
As a Public Engagement Intern, you will collaborate with our Public Engagement team, along with a diverse group of planners, engineers, and designers to create and execute engagement plans for our projects. You will help to develop engagement and communications strategies tailored to the communities we are working in. You will also assist with the preparation of materials for engagement events and activities, along with analyzing the feedback gathered to understand how it should inform the planning or design process.
This opportunity is great for students, offering the power to earn money while developing valuable career skills and gaining practical experience. Looking ahead to the future? SRF Consulting Group may consider the Intern for full-time employment after graduation.
- Contributing to the development of public engagement plans and communications strategies that are accessible to all community members.
- Developing engagement event materials and promotional strategies including press releases, social media advertisements, and presentations.
- Assisting with the facilitation of engagement events.
- Analyzing engagement and preparing summary documentation.
- Interest in meaningful and inclusive engagement strategies.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Marketing, or Urban Planning.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic attitude.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
Please note school transcripts will be requested and reviewed to ensure relevant qualifications for candidates being considered for an interview.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.