Practice Lead Chicago – Traffic Engineering (032201)
SRF Consulting Group is a well-established and award-winning transportation engineering, planning, and design firm providing services throughout the Midwest. At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100% ESOP company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. SRF also provides our team with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is seeking a Practice Lead to join and lead our Traffic & Technology Group in our Chicago, IL office with the flexibility to work remotely. You will play a lead role in the development and management of a variety of traffic operations and planning projects, including conducting corridor studies, freeway modeling, review of travel demand forecasting work, and traffic modeling and analysis of complex transportation systems.
- Management of staff and technical work for complex transportation projects
- Working with internal company groups and external clients
- Business development activities including marketing and building/establishing client relationships
- Completion and review of traffic analysis documentation
- Development and review of models and analysis for multimodal corridors, freeway and interchanges and transit projects
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in traffic / transportation engineering or civil engineering
- 8+ years of prior related traffic engineering experience is preferred
- IL PE or the ability to attain within 6 months (PTOE license preferred)
- Ability to lead traffic engineering tasks, manage projects, and provide mentorship, growth, and development opportunities for traffic engineering staff
- Strong analytical skills with proven technical writing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and experience with traffic engineering software (Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, HCS, CUBE, TransCAD, etc.)
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.