Multi-Modal Design Engineer (121906)
Looking for an opportunity to work on challenging multimodal projects that enhance the livability of communities large and small? Do you enjoy working on a variety of projects in unique and challenging environments? If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team as a Multi-Modal Design Engineer in our Minneapolis office.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is a growing multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing planning, engineering, and landscape architecture services throughout the Midwest. Specific service areas of multi-modal and sustainable transportation include street and intersection design, transit design and planning, corridor and safety studies, trails and greenways. Our award-winning company is regularly recognized for excellence in engineering, planning and landscape architecture.
As a Multi-Modal Design Engineer, you will be at the forefront of developing sustainable multi-modal transportation infrastructure. You will collaborate with clients and colleagues from a variety of disciplines, working on projects from start to finish.
- Contributing to the development of proposals, statements of work, contract addenda, and scope changes.
- Leading stakeholder engagement activities.
- Participating in the development of detailed design plans, specifications, cost estimates, and construction drawings for roadway, bikeway, sidewalk and trail projects.
- Conducting research and writing relevant reports including formatting documents and developing presentation materials.
- Mentoring and leading junior staff.
- Cultivating client relationships and advancing business development efforts.
- Interest in multimodal and active transportation design.
- A Professional Engineering license.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil/transportation engineering.
- At least 5 years of engineering experience developing construction documents.
- Working knowledge of NACTO, MUTCD, ADA, and relevant state DOT design requirements.
- Proficient in Computer Automated Design (AutoCAD or MicroStation) and design software (Civil 3D, GEOPAK or InRoads).
- A broad knowledge base in civil engineering with a transportation focus.
- Specific knowledge of roadway geometric design.
- Experience managing engineering projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and analytic skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Active participation in professional associations and committees.
- PTOE certification.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Experience presenting on the topic of active transportation at conferences and other events.
SRF is a committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We have a collaborative culture where people of all backgrounds come together to share ideas and build better, more inclusive communities.
As a 100 percent employee-owned company, you will share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent company-wide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional membership, generous time-off programs, and vacation time carry-over. Office location note: we are currently located near 394 and 494 in Plymouth but will be moving to West End area of St Louis Park, Fall of 2020.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.