Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) / Connected and Automated Vehicle (CAV)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading transportation consulting firms with expanding nationwide ITS/CAV services. SRF’s engineers, planners, and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects.
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
We are seeking an Engineering Intern or Co-op to join our ITS/CAV team to assist with the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of technology systems such as:
- Connected and automated vehicles
- Active traffic management systems
- Traveler information systems
- Transit technologies
- Intelligent work zones
- Wireless and fiber networks
SRF is open to an internship or co-op post. SRF would also consider part-time employment starting as soon as possible (minimum of eight hours per week / four hours per day) continuing part-time through the school year until full-time employment as an intern during summer 2022. Work schedule should be during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Preparation of plans, specifications, and estimates
- Data analysis
- Technical writing
- Field inspections
- Integration and troubleshooting
- Progressing toward a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, traffic engineering, or a related engineering field
- Interest in ITS, CAV, and other technology applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Microstation and/or AutoCAD are a plus
- Must return to school to complete degree
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.