Grant Writer/Transportation Planner (112202)
SRF is a leading consulting firm committed to improving the future of public and private infrastructure systems through a multi-disciplinary approach that combines planning, engineering, landscape architecture, and project delivery. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, trails, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces.
Our Funding and Grants Team has amassed $1.28 billion for our clients and delivered $800 million in the last three years alone. We offer services to a diverse client base including DOTs, Counties, Cities, Tribes, and Special Interest Groups. Our Team works on a wide variety of grant applications and collaborates with a diverse group of planners, engineers, and designers to explore positive outcomes for our clients. As a grant writer, you will be responsible for researching funding opportunities and writing grant applications to secure project funding for our important clients. This position can be based in our Minneapolis, St. Paul, MN; Madison, WI; or Fargo, ND offices. SRF offers a hybrid work model that allows our staff to work from the office full-time or work part-time in the office and part-time remotely.
- Research grant opportunities for government and non-government agencies.
- Gather and analyze a variety of demographics, existing conditions, and project information to understand the feasibility of a competitive grant application.
- Prepare grant applications and supporting documents based on the requirements of the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
- Prepare GIS maps and other graphics to visually represent plan outcomes in an easy-to-read format.
- Respond to internal and external queries on potential funding opportunities and applications.
- Maintain the Team’s database and metrics related to all grant activities.
- Interest in meaningful and inclusive planning processes and outcomes.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, communications, planning, or similar field.
- 0-4+ years of experience in grant writing.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources.
- Ability to study and understand funding programs and requirements.
- Good organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic attitude.
- Desire to attain AICP certification.
Our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, and vacation time carry-over.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.