Environmental Planner / Scientist (072202)
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced and collaborative environment? Does working with an organization that has a strong focus on professional development and staff engagement sound good to you? Do you want to diversify your skills by working on a wide variety of planning projects? Are you seeking flexibility in setting your schedule to manage work / life balance? If so, we may have just what you are looking for!
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is a vibrant and well-established planning, engineering, and design firm providing services throughout the Midwest. Our team works with clients and communities throughout the Midwest and across the country as they proactively respond to emerging community development, transportation and infrastructure challenges. We are seeking a full-time Environmental Planner / Scientist to join our dynamic Minneapolis, MN Office. The person in this position will lead and / or assist with the development of environmental documentation for a variety of transportation, civil engineering, planning, and development projects. In addition, the Environmental Planner / Scientist may also coordinate with regulatory agencies; prepare scopes of work / fee estimates; and participate in community engagement activities.
Work Task Opportunities:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team of planners, engineers, urban designers, water resource specialists and landscape architects to evaluate potential community and natural resource impacts resulting from transportation and community development projects
- Lead / coordinate development of environmental documents (Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements), technical memorandums, communications materials, and related documents
- Lead and perform data collection, research, and technical analysis
- Communicate with clients and subconsultants, as well as public involvement/engagement presentations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental science / planning, biology, ecology, or other natural resources-related field
- 5 – 8 + years of related experience including:
- Supporting preparation of NEPA/MEPA documents; MnDOT experience or familiarity a plus
- Working with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies on natural resource management projects
- Working with wetland delineations, state and federal regulations and wetland permitting processes
- Familiarity with geography, land use, and transportation issues
- Proficiency in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets and database software; GIS and GPS experience a plus
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and handle multiple assignments
- Interest in deepening your environmental assessment skills
- Strong interpersonal and public communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working on a team to meet project deadlines
- Ability to carry up to 25 pounds of equipment over uneven surfaces and steep slopes
As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent company-wide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
What do our employees have to say? “I like working at SRF because my colleagues are talented and fun to work with, the projects are challenging, and leadership is dedicated to making sure SRF is a place people want to work.” – Current SRF Planner / Employee Owner
Visa Sponsorship may be available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.