Entry Level Water Resources Engineer (082308)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the leading engineering, design, environmental, and planning firms. Our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
We are seeking an Engineer to join our growing and innovative Water Resources Division and work in a team atmosphere with experienced project engineers applying various design, engineering, and modeling tools in the development of water resource projects for federal, state, and local clients as well as for private industry. The location of this position is based in either our Minneapolis or St. Paul office. SRF offers a hybrid work model, allowing our staff to work from the office full-time or work part-time in the office and part-time remotely.
Possible project work could include the following:
Water Resources Department Areas of Design (not exhaustive):
- Roadway drainage system layout and design, including new and retrofit systems and design of Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Site design, including BMP design, modeling, and Low Impact Development (LID) practices.
- Design of stormwater reuse systems, green infrastructure, and other sustainable stormwater management systems.
- Surface water management planning, feasibility studies, and assessments.
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic (H&H) modeling.
- Hydraulic analysis related to bridge, culvert, channel, and revetment design.
- Bioengineering design relating to surface water conveyance systems such as stream bank stabilization and restoration as well as wetland creation and restoration.
- Design of erosion control and sediment management BMPs.
- Wetland and floodplain mitigation analysis and permitting.
- Sanitary and storm lift stations.
- Development of the water resources component of environmental documents (EA, EAW, EIS).
Within 3 Months, your expected opportunities include:
- Learn about local design standards and regulatory environments as you assist senior team members in project design.
- Learn roadway drainage design including storm sewer system design.
- Draft plans using engineering software programs.
- Begin to benefit from the broad set of expert resources available to you at SRF.
Within 6 Months, your expected opportunities include:
- Perform hydrologic/hydraulic modeling.
- Perform a variety of design tasks with the collaboration of other team members.
- Gain confidence in your design resource knowledge.
Within 1 Year your expected opportunities include:
- Understand the steps to putting together a plan set and have exposure to special provisions.
- Be an integral part of multifaceted projects and continually exposed to a variety of new learning opportunities as listed in our Areas of Design.
- Work with other SRF disciplines and have exposure to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Biosystems Engineering with a hydrology or water resources emphasis.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a flexible team environment.
- Previous experience with hydrologic/hydraulic modeling applications (e.g. SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Hydro CAD), Microstation/Geopak, and/or AutoCAD a plus.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.