Entry-Level Transportation/Community Planner (102204)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering, planning, and landscape architecture firms. SRF’s engineers, planners, and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, trails, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF regularly competes and receives Project of the Year awards for our clients from numerous professional organizations. At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business.
Our Planning Team works on a variety of community and transportation planning projects and collaborates with a diverse group of planners, engineers, and designers to explore creative outcomes for our clients. You will collaborate on our team to provide a variety of roles including data collection and analysis, GIS mapping, graphic development, planning level analysis, and the development of planning documents. You may also assist our Public Engagement Team with the preparation for or execution of engagement events and activities for our planning projects. This position is based in our Minneapolis office. SRF offers a hybrid work model allowing our staff to work from the office full-time or work part-time in the office and part-time remotely.
- Contributing to the development of planning documents, including comprehensive plans, corridor studies, transportation plans, and small area plans.
- Gathering and analyzing a variety of demographic and existing conditions information to understand the current state of a project area or location to inform the process.
- Preparing GIS maps and other graphics to visually represent plan outcomes in an easy-to-read format.
- Participating and contributing to project engagement activities with the public or project team.
- Supporting an open and inclusive planning process.
- Providing creative and resilient solutions and recommendations for our clients.
- Interest in meaningful and inclusive planning processes and outcomes.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in planning, landscape architecture, or similar field.
- 0-2 years’ experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic attitude.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering and planning firms. Our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, and vacation time carry-over.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer