Entry Level Transit Planner (082202)
SRF Consulting Group is a well-established and expanding transportation engineering, planning, and design firm providing nationwide specialty services in the transit field. At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100% ESOP company, you can share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for your retirement. In addition to working in an exciting, positive atmosphere, we offer competitive salary and benefits, support for educational and professional growth, and a flexible work schedule.
SRF is seeking a full-time Transit Planner to join our St. Paul office. This is an entry-professional level position. As a Transit Planner, you will experience a broad range of challenging project opportunities as part of our growing transit planning and design group. Recent and upcoming projects include major transitways (bus rapid transit, light rail, and/or streetcar), transit route and system plans, transit-oriented development studies, Title VI/equity analyses, and community engagement. Our transit team works extensively in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the greater Midwest, with growing opportunities across the U.S.
At SRF, you will be supported through initiatives promoting professional development and individual growth. Depending on your aptitude and interests, you will have the opportunity to advance in technical roles, build relationships with clients and transit agencies throughout the Midwest, and pursue training opportunities that align with your interests and SRF’s goals. You will work regularly with SRF’s talented and collaborative group of planners, designers, data scientists, and public engagement specialists.
- Collaborate with clients and team members to deliver effective transit projects.
- Collect, create, and analyze data to inform transit decision-making.
- Support the development of transit service and operating plans.
- Assist in developing and assessing performance measures for transit agencies and transit project alternatives.
- Conduct mapping and spatial analyses using geographic information systems (GIS) and other industry-standard data platforms.
- Interpret and communicate the results of complex analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Draft public engagement plans and assist with preparing for and staffing events.
- Attend meetings, prepare client presentations, and interact with transit riders on buses and trains.
- Assist with report and memo writing.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation planning, urban planning, civil engineering or related field with up to two years of experience preferred (however, graduate level encouraged to apply).
- Knowledge of basic principles, practices, theories, terminology, and applications of current and long-range planning in the context of mass transit.
- Familiarity with basic principles of transit service and route planning.
- Understanding of urban geography, land use, and transportation issues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven technical writing ability.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time and workload management skills.
- Career goals to develop a profession in the transit industry.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and GIS.
- Desire to attain AICP certification.
SRF provides our team with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.