Entry-Level Traffic Engineer (062202)
SRF Consulting Group is a well-established and award-winning transportation engineering, planning, and design firm providing services throughout the Midwest. For more than 60 years, SRF has helped our clients across the Midwest create vibrant, livable communities and sustainable transportation systems. Our values — innovation, service, quality, and collaboration — are the cornerstones of our corporate philosophy, our management practices, and our relationship with every client.
SRF Consulting is seeking an Entry-Level Traffic Engineer to join our growing Traffic and Technology Group in our Minneapolis, MN office. This talented group works together to develop creative solutions for challenging projects such as intersection studies, corridor studies, sub-area studies, traffic impact studies, freeway and transit modeling, signal optimization, traffic forecasting, traffic safety and other specialized traffic analysis work. They are highly regarded for their strong commitment to service and quality; developing innovative solutions that are cost-effective and implementable.
- Organizing and developing technical information
- Conducting technical analysis using traffic simulation and modeling programs
- Mining and evaluating big data
- Assessing various transportation-related performance measures
- Developing documentation to support analysis work
- Typical types of projects:
- Freeway and arterial corridor simulation modeling
- Transit modeling and signal priority
- System performance evaluations and project prioritization
- Concept development and alternatives analysis
- Corridor signal timing
- Benefit-cost analysis
- Traffic impact studies
- Safety evaluations
- Traffic forecast projections
- Traffic study documentation
- Transportation equity
- Transportation analytics
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in traffic engineering and / or transportation/civil engineering
- 0-2 years of prior related experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven technical writing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and experience with any traffic engineering software a plus (Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, ArcGIS, CUBE, TransCAD)
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100% ESOP company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. SRF also provides our team with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.