Entry Level Traffic Design Engineer (052106)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering and planning firms. Our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
We are seeking an Entry-Level Traffic Design Engineer to join our growing Minneapolis, Minnesota office. This position will assist with the development of a large variety of traffic engineering design/operations projects.
- Development of conceptual, preliminary, and final designs
- Intersection control evaluations
- Signal and roundabout justification reports
- Traffic signal design
- Signing and pavement markings design
- Overhead sign structural design
- Construction staging and work zone traffic control
- Detour signing
- Transportation management plans
- Connected vehicle signal applications
- Asset management
- Bachelor’s degree in traffic engineering and/or transportation/civil engineering; Master’s degree a plus
- Strong analytical skills and technical writing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills
- Ability to thrive within a cooperative team atmosphere
- Proficiency in several computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and experience with the following traffic engineering software a plus (Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, RODEL, SignCAD, Microstation, AutoCAD)
- Passion for emerging transportation technologies and trends, as well as multimodal transportation including car, pedestrian, bicycle, and transit modes is a plus
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.