Electrical Engineering Project Manager (092111)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc.
SRF Consulting Group is a well-established and award-winning transportation engineering, planning, and design firm providing services throughout the Midwest. At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Electrical Engineer to manage and participate in business development for electrical design projects for various clients including public agencies and private corporations. This position has opportunities to work from our Minneapolis or St. Paul, MN office, Madison, WI office, or remotely from Chicago with future opportunities to work from our growing office in Illinois. Project types will include electrical systems on highways and local roads, bridges and tunnels, public utilities, transit and parking facilities, parks, and other transportation-related infrastructure systems. Position has internal advancement opportunity within the Traffic & Technology group.
- Leading the design of electrical projects for: Low to medium voltage (up to 4 KV) AC power distribution; Roadway and specialty aesthetic lighting; Parks, campgrounds, and other facility power, lighting, and communications systems; Parking systems; Sanitary and storm sewer lift stations; Electrical vehicle charging systems; Other electrical/electronic devices.
- Lighting modeling, design, and coordination for: Traffic levels for roads, bridges, and tunnels; Pedestrian levels for walks, trails, bike, and public facilities; Aesthetic levels for structures and public spaces
- Development of project documents including reports, studies, specifications, construction contract documents, and utility applications.
- Conducting field investigation and project site visits.
- Business development activities including marketing and building/establishing client relationships.
- Interaction with clients, regulatory agencies, and the public as necessary for project completion.
- Supervision of staff in the planning and design of electric projects with opportunity for advancement within the Traffic & Technology group.
- Provide training assistance for engineers and technical staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, or eligible for licensure within 6 months.
- Four of more years of diverse experience in positions of increasing responsibility as an Electrical Engineer with specific experience in power distribution, roadway lighting, and motor control design (lift station).
- Proven ability to develop and produce electrical engineering designs using tools such as SKM, AGi32, AutoCAD, and MicroStation.
- Proven ability to develop studies, reports, technical specifications, regulatory permits, applications, construction estimates, and other project documentation.
- Experience in electric vehicle charging systems is desired.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.