Construction Scheduler– Project Controls (082201)
SRF Consulting Group is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering and planning firms. We are seeking a Construction Scheduler to join our growing Project Controls Group headquartered in our Minneapolis office. This position has the potential to be fully remote or hybrid. Our hybrid work model allows our staff to work from the office full-time or work part-time in the office and part-time remotely.
Our experienced Project Controls team handles all aspects of project controls including scheduling, cost estimating, and risk. As a Scheduler, you will have the opportunity to work on transportation projects including Bus Rapid Transit, Light Rail, and complex roadway/bridge projects. Growth opportunities include leading scheduling efforts, training/developing younger staff, and 4D schedules.
- Prepare and review schedules for design, pre-design, letting and construction.
- Perform detailed review of contractor schedule submittals including baseline, monthly updates and impact schedules.
- Develop schedules for use in all areas of business lines in accordance with company standards.
- Work closely with estimating team to coordinate schedule and estimate development.
- Interface the schedule with the project budget; monitor actual progress, compare to baseline, and report progress against the schedule.
- Support schedule tracking functions by monitoring major milestone performance, updating scheduling tools, and analyzing variances.
- Participate with the project team as schedule advisor to ensure early identification of problem areas, support development of corrective action plans.
- Support schedule claim analysis where needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Related 2- or 4-year degree with 3+ years of experience OR 6+ years’ relevant experience without degree.
- Experience with P6 required; advanced experience with P6 including integrated schedules and cost/resource loading preferred.
- Previous heavy civil infrastructure experience, with a strong understanding of construction methods and processes.
- Experience with Bluebeam and On-Screen Takeoff preferred.
- Ability to independently build and review schedules.
- Ability to promote and perform in a team environment as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Great transparency in work product.
- Effective communication skills and ability to successfully interact with clients.
- Experience with 4-D Scheduling on Synchro Pro or the ability to learn.
- Ability to obtain AACE International PSP or PMI-SP certifications desirable.
- Prior MnDOT experience in cost and schedule functions is a plus.
- Experience with Deltek Acumen Fuse, and / or Microsoft Project is a plus.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the leading engineering, design, environmental, and planning firms. Our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer