Construction Project Engineer/Project Manager (022303)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering and planning firms. Our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
We are currently seeking a full-time Construction Project Engineer to join our growing Construction Services Group in our Minneapolis or St. Paul offices. This is a hybrid position with the option to work from the office full-time or work part-time in the office and part-time remotely. In this role, you will lead contract administration, supervisee construction observations, materials sampling and testing, and construction staking on roadway and transit projects. The projects are in Minnesota and past and present projects include notable bridge structures such as I-35W and Stillwater, and infrastructure projects, such as light rail and bus transit to design build for MnDOT. If you are looking for a career with exciting project opportunities, long-term growth potential with designated career tracks to grow in your career, mentorship to develop as a leader, SRF is the place for you!
- Perform contract administration for highway/municipal/projects.
- Manage field inspection and materials sampling and testing staff.
- Prepare contract changes and evaluate contractor claims.
- Perform construction staking on roadway and transit projects.
- Review construction contractor schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, from an accredited school.
- 1 or more years’ experience with construction observation and documentation procedures related to roadway, utility, and bridge construction.
- A self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Uses independent judgment in solving construction challenges.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, stand/walk for long periods of time, and to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions is required.
- Experience with administration of contracts for highway and municipal infrastructure projects, with Minnesota state-aid or federal funding.
- Ability to become a licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Minnesota within three years.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.