Bentley CAD Manager (122206)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering, planning, and landscape architecture firms. SRF’s team of planners, designers, and engineers delivers innovative and lasting solutions customized to solve our client’s unique challenges. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, trails, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we uphold strong values of integrity, accountability, and technical excellence.
We are seeking a Bentley CAD Manager to join our Digital Design Operations team in our Minneapolis office. The person in this position is responsible for standards, software configuration, and support of project teams. Providing oversight of our software configurations and tools related to Bentley platforms, such as MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, Open Bridge, iTwin technology, Concept Station, ProjectWise and/or AutoCAD platforms. Responsible for the implementation of CAD standards and familiarity of workspaces related to Department of Transportation (DOT) and municipal clients and preparation of plans in accordance with these standards. A hybrid work model may be available for this position.
What you will be doing:
- Training Program Development (in coordination with Digital Design Operations Manager) related to use of Bentley platforms (MicroStation and/or AutoCAD).
- Support plan development production related to use of MicroStation. and/or AutoCAD platforms.
- Implementation of CAD standards and familiarity of workspaces related to DOT and municipal clients and preparation of plans in accordance with these standards.
- Assist IT staff as needed with CAD application desktop support as well as plotting and other plan delivery support.
- Coordinate between the Digital Design Operations team, IT, and departmental Engineers on project deliverables for transportation projects.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree (experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- 10+ years CAD experience. Minimum 5 years of CAD drafting with current editions of MicroStation (including GeoPak/OpenRoads) environments is preferred.
Skills & Competencies:
- An understanding of Windows Network and ProjectWise Cloud based network operations, environments, and libraries required for the support of these platforms (including Windows 10 operating system environments).
- Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of local DOT standards and MicroStation Workspaces.
- Established ability to coordinate with engineering staff to develop production packages.
- Ability to draft plans and drawings (engineer provided mark-ups) in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with file sharing, document management, and collaboration tools.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
The following characteristics lead to a successful SRF CAD Manager:
- Brand Ambassador for SRF, and a strong belief in diversity and inclusion.
- Self-motivated to meet individual goals with high standards of performance and maintain accountability in a team environment.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task in a team environment.
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems.
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs.
Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.