Autodesk CAD Manager (092103)
SRF Consulting Group, Inc. is one of the Midwest’s leading engineering, planning, and landscape architecture firms. SRF’s engineers, planners, and designers collaborate with our clients and their stakeholders to develop creative solutions for the most challenging projects. Our award-winning projects range from designing roadways, trails, and bridges to planning statewide transportation systems, to revitalizing neighborhoods and urban spaces. SRF regularly competes and receives Project of the Year awards for our clients from numerous professional organizations.
We are seeking and Autodesk CAD Manager to join our team at our Minneapolis office. In this role, you will provide oversight of our plan development production related to use of Autodesk platforms. Implementation of CADD standards and familiarity of workspaces related to DOT and municipal clients and preparation of plans in accordance with these standards.
What you will be doing:
- Oversight of our plan development production related to use of Autodesk Civil 3D platforms.
- Implementation and maintenance of CADD standards and familiarity of workspaces related to DOT and municipal clients and preparation of plans in accordance with these standards.
- Coordinate between Director of Digital Design Operations, IT and Departmental Engineers for successful delivery of Project deliverables for Transportation projects.
- Ability to assist IT staff as needed with CADD application desktop support as well as plotting and other plan delivery support is desired.
- Training Program Development shared and in coordination with Director of Director of Digital Design Operations and business groups related to use of Autodesk Civil 3D platforms.
- Supporting Windows Network and ProjectWise cloud-based operations, environments, and libraries.
What you need to have:
- BS or Associate degree (Experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- A minimum of 5 years drafting or design with current editions of Autodesk Civil 3D. A highly qualified candidate will have 10+ CAD experience.
- 2 years of managing Autodesk AEC programs – focusing on Civil 3D (additional experience with Revit and BIM environments a plus).
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to manipulate files in AutoCAD & Civil 3D.
- Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Corridor Modeling, Surface Manipulation, and Pipe Networks in Civil 3D.
- Established ability to coordinate with engineering staff to develop production packages.
- Ability to draft plans and drawings from engineer-provided markups.
- Ability to work within Windows 10 operating system environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with file sharing, document management, and collaboration tools.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of MicroStation, knowledge of GIS.
- Interest in, or knowledge of additional add-ins and applications or open to learning a variety of tools.
- Knowledge of local Department of Transportation standards (MN, ND, and WI states.)
- The following characteristics lead to a successful SRF CADD Manager:
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment.
- Be Highly organized and efficient.
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment.
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems.
- Be able to communicate effectively–verbal and written.
- Guide work and promote goals to maintain high standards of performance.
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the company who believes in diversity and inclusion.
At SRF, our employee-owners help shape the culture and future of our business. As a 100 percent employee-owned company, team members share in the company’s growth and prosperity and receive stock ownership on a vesting schedule for their retirement. Our social culture boasts frequent companywide events, clubs, and sports teams, as well as opportunities to give back to the community. SRF also provides employees with a 401(k) and company match plan, a comprehensive health benefits package, competitive salaries, paid professional certifications and memberships, flex-time scheduling, generous time-off programs, vacation time carry-over, and multiple professional development programs to choose from.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
SRF Consulting Group, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.